AMASV has been a long-time supporter of small business growth locally. Through opening doors for networking and trading best practices, we have had the opportunity to help local businesses and professional marketers find resources on how to accomplish more with less budget.
Volunteering with the AMASV Board of Directors for the past two years has helped me to establish greater connections for the local Collegiate Chapters by attending AMASV events, collaborating with local marketing professionals on projects, and helping organizations find students that will be a good fit for their organization.
Bringing Students and Small Businesses Together
At Sacramento State, we are accelerating student skill growth through the Center for Small Business. Small business owners can apply for free student support in a multitude of disciplines in exchange for taking the time to meet with the students.
For more than forty-five years, the CSB has helped in excess of 2,000 small businesses and organizations in the Greater Sacramento area grow their business and achieve strategic objectives. It is the bridge between local organizations and the College of Business Administration at Sacramento State. The CSB’s goal is to have a positive impact on the greater Sacramento region and give students real-world experience as part of their business education. The CSB helps fuel Sacramento’s innovative spirit by facilitating matches between organizations seeking assistance and world-class faculty and students.
Areas of Service
The CSB offers free technical management assistance in all areas of business other than taxation, law, and loan packaging, to small for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Services generally fall into one of the following eight categories:
• Financial management analysis and planning
• Human resource management
• Information systems (e.g., web design, databases)
• International business
• Marketing/Sales planning
• Production and operating systems management
• Strategic management analysis and strategic planning
• Supply chain and logistics
Services are provided by juniors, seniors, and graduate students under College of Business Administration faculty supervision. These students are assigned to work with clients of the CSB as part of their coursework in various College of Business Administration classes.
What Does It Cost?
The services are completely free. Services are provided compliments of Sacramento State and many of the financial institutions of the local area.
Interested? Apply Now!
1. Visit http://csus.edu/cba/csb/ to request a personalized application emailed to you (early applicants get priority)
2. We will contact you once we’ve received your completed your application.
3. We’ll help facilitate a match with a student team and they will contact you in September or October (February for spring semester applicants).
I Don’t Need Assistance, But How Can I Get Involved?
If you’re interested in volunteering or sponsorship opportunities please contact Dr. Brian Baldus at email@example.com to learn more about ways to support the organizations served.
About Sacramento State College of Business Administration
It develops engaged, responsible, and inclusive leaders who enrich our communities. We aspire to be the educational backbone of the Sacramento business community and an active force in creating a better future. In service of these goals, we strive to:
• Excel in business education, applied scholarship, and impactful engagement with the regional, national, and global communities in which we live;
• Equip our graduates with the skills to respond creatively and effectively to emerging global and technological forces;
• Develop business leaders who recognize and embrace the societal and environmental responsibilities that are shaping the 21st century.
Dr. Brian Baldus is the VP of Collegiate Relations for AMASV and is a marketing professor at Sacramento State. Connect with him on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianbaldus