Website Merlot Marketing
If you’re passionate, creative and results-oriented, then we want to hear from you. As a national award-winning, full-service agency, this is an opportunity to work on both local and national brands. The Social Media / Digital Communication Content Creator is responsible for helping our clients map out Social Media strategies and initiatives to engage in meaningful exchanges and create lasting relationships with clients’ customers. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about social media and the digital space and will have their finger on the pulse of the continuously evolving digital environment. All team members are expected to be resourceful and detail-oriented and will be required to learn and perform other marketing disciplines, which may be necessary or desirable to support the agency business.
Skillset & Responsibilities:
The Social Media Strategist will be responsible for managing the strategy and execution for all social media channels, working with internal account service and PR.0 teams to ensure cohesive messaging and objectives.
- Proficient in all major social media platforms for business (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Proficient in social media advertising and manage advertising budgets and placement (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Provide strategic guidance and thoughtful leadership to help guide clients in the social media space
- Develop and implement social media strategies, initiative, tactics and content
- Develop social media content calendars and monthly reports, managing social media dashboard software (Sprout Social, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Understand each client, the message they are trying to send, and the voice & tone of their brand
- Monitor and track social media activities and engagement, including community management, customer service request and reputation management
- Spearhead key accounts and manage projects, vendors and client relationships
- Communicate agency philosophy to clients – perform to agency standards
- Keen understanding of how social media integrates with traditional marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with PR and Creative department to ensure messaging/brand consistency
- Develop and grow social media opportunities for the agency
Presentation & Communication Skills:
- Create and deliver presentations to clients and prospects
- Ability to articulate and educate the client about social media trends, habits and behaviors on an ongoing basis
- Keep client apprised of social media best practices both internationally and domestically.
Business Development Support:
- Attend social media events, Tweet-ups, etc.
- Conduct social media audits
- Create social media presentations
- Assist Business Development team with creative and strategic ideas as part of the RFP or proposal process
- BA or BS degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience in media/marketing/communications position at an advertising/PR agency AND at least 2+ years in spearheading social media in related agency/digital environment
- Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives, translating them into digital objectives/strategies
- Ability to think critically, identify the sources of problems and develop solutions, and deliver recommendations based on data and analysis
- Basic graphic design work and familiarity with Canva and other social media building tools
- Creative and detailed-oriented
- Strong knowledge of Search Engine Marketing and digital media space
- Must have excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
This is a full-time position, preferably working in either our Northern CA or Northern NV offices. Remote work will be considered. Frequent travel may be required for client meetings, media engagements/tours and industry conferences.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Team appreciation perks/events
Full time positions include health benefits and 401k with significant potential for advancement within the company. Compensation dependent upon experience. Qualified candidates please email your cover letter (in the form of 10 tweets or less) and resume to Ms. Brenda Forman at email@example.com. Please include “Social Media / Digital Communications Content Creator” in the subject line. Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org