Website California State University Sacramento
SEO Marketing and Outreach Manager
enhance student life and create lasting memories through community engagement,
connection building, and creative exploration.
The Marketing and Outreach Manager assists with managing and delivering programming for the department of Student Engagement and Outreach (SEO) and ASI including occasional weekend and evening events.The Marketing and Outreach Manager is responsible for ASI outreach, events, communication, website management, social media, design, and promotion including planning, organizing, and coordinating programs and activities. The Manager provides direct support to the SEO Director, assists with staff management within SEO programs; and supports, communicates and implements ASI policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the planning, development and communication of informational resources. i.e. newsletters, brochures, promotional items, A-frames, flyers, LCD displays, etc. with the Marketing Coordinator that are designed to keep the campus community informed of the activities and programs of ASI.
- Oversee the ASI outreach staff, inclusive of recruitment, selection, training and supervision, consisting of the Marketing Coordinator and part-time student employees who specialize in graphic design and public relations.
- Plan major ASI activities and special events that promote ASI’s visibility and positive public image. Develop and manage a promotional and marketing program with the goal of increasing opportunities for student engagement.
- Serve as the lead event coordinator with assistance from student event coordinators, for various ASI programming initiatives including, but not limited to, the ASI Block Party, a signature winter and spring event, and the ASI Student Employee Awards Celebration.
- Advise ASI staff on all facets of event and program management including contracts, room reservations, purchasing, budgets, promotions, outreach, and general campus policies, rules, and regulations.
- In coordination with the Marketing Coordinator, develop and implement a cohesive campus outreach plan, identifying goals, and measuring success.
- In coordination with the Marketing Coordinator, strategize the appropriate and timely response to sensitive Public Relations/media inquiries.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of the A-Team Event Coordinators.
- In collaboration with the ASI IT Manager, oversee the maintenance of the ASI website.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and university administrators.
- Maintain, update, and enforce policies and procedures. Ensure all facets of event and program management are being followed including contracts, room reservations, purchasing, budgets, promotions, outreach, and general campus policies, rules, and regulations. Seek legal counsel when necessary.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships. Negotiate contracts, as required.
- Participate as a member of ASI Student Government Election Planning Group, overseeing the outreach and marketing plan to encourage students to vote and get engaged in the student government electoral process.
- Collect event planning and event evaluation reports detailing attendance, problems, suggestions, etc. and compile an event summary/assessment at the end of each semester for SEO.
- Assist with the administrative component of purchasing, check requests, and contract negotiation.
- Oversee the development of an annual performance report for the organization, and marketing/social media analysis for the marketing staff in every ASI department.
- Chair the ASI Marketing Committee. Advise and support, as needed, any staff in other ASI departments who plan events, oversee outreach, or work with graphic designers as part of their job duties.
- Develop, manage, and evaluate the operational budget for the SEO marketing, events and outreach program. This includes preparation of future budgets, meeting established deadlines, and advising management of budget related issues.
- Manage and oversee the creation, design and distribution of the ASI Annual Report.
- Provide interim coverage in the absence of Marketing Coordinator and the Director of SEO.
- Safely perform job duties.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Leading: Supports organizational transformation; aligns initiatives with ASI’s mission and vision.
- Leading Self: Adheres to the highest standards of ethics, is open to new ideas and approaches; and exhibits leadership behaviors.
- Leading Others: Manages effective teams and work groups effectively; builds and maintains relationships.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication. Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public.
- Flexible/Adaptable: Maintains effectiveness in varying work environments where circumstances and priorities are changing.
- Resilient: Maintains high performance and composure under pressure, opposition or criticism.
- Creativity/Innovation: Encourages new ideas and innovations in programming; questions conventional approaches
- Financial Management: Prepares, justifies and administers the program budget. Monitors expenditures and uses cost- benefit thinking to set department priorities.
- Policies, Process and Procedures: Acts in accordance with established guidelines; communicates and enforces Associated Students Inc. policies and procedures.
- Partnership: Works effectively and collaboratively with campus constituencies to serve a diverse customer population.
- Customer-Focused: proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service.
- Problem-Solver: Demonstrates broad ways to analyze and handle complex problems and situations.
- Cooperation: Works effectively with others in order to achieve a shared goal; follows instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related area
- Minimum two years related professional experience in outreach, event planning, public relations or student services, preferably for a non-profit or educational organization
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience
- Experience in budgeting, fiscal management, reporting, and assessment
- Proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point on both PC and Mac platforms
- Proficiency of design software – Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, After Effects
- Proven successful experience in creating marketing/public relations materials such as flyers, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Minimum one year of large-scale event planning experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex and detail-oriented projects
- A valid CA driver’s license is required for this position
- Experience working in an educational environment, preferably in student affairs
- Experience in strategic development, implementation and assessment
- Prior experience in copywriting and market research
- Previous experience working with offset printing vendors
- Event planning certification and/or project management certification from an accredited educational institution
- Prior experience working with college students
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Office setting (work hours: M-F 9am-6pm; occasional weekend and evening hours)
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
To apply for this job please visit us60.dayforcehcm.com.