Website Merlot Marketing
Looking for a Passionate PR.0TM Professional
Merlot Marketing is a national, award-winning, full-service marketing agency specializing in branding, public relations, social media, advertising, and media planning and buying. We are proud of our creative achievements, successful PR campaigns and client growth and are looking for an experienced PR.0 Account Executive to contribute to our continued growth and success.
We don’t do PR; we do PR.0™
Social media has revolutionized PR in an amazing way. We understand that our clients’ brands exist in an ever-changing digital age – and we embrace it, leverage it, and use it to their advantage. With PR.0™, we look to our team to integrate public relations, digital and social media in ways that garner more impressions, build more authentic relationships and engage more deeply with the media on our clients’ behalf.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: PR.0 Account Executive:
- Spearhead day-to-day operations of client PR programs, promotions and projects –from strategic inception to tactical execution
- Represent agency in client meetings/presentations and new business pitches
- Communicate agency philosophy to clients – perform to agency standards
- Cultivate client relationships and value by communicating clearly, concisely, effectively and being proactive, not reactive to client needs
- Add value to clients by recommending creative ideas, strategies and solutions that excite the client and contribute to the growth and success of the client’s business
- Help drive and monitor overall public relations strategy while understanding how PR enhances the overall marketing program
- Develop and spearhead PR strategies and tactics
- Communicate client’s strategic needs thoroughly and effectively to key departments when applicable: creative, media, events/promotions
- Work with internal departments to ensure the delivery of projects and programs that are actionable and measurable
- Set appropriate expectations and timelines both internally and externally
- Create and coordinate client project budgets and billing of projects, programs and schedules
- Generate strategic and creative ideas for promotional programs
- Coordinate projects and campaigns seamlessly by working with account team, creative and media, production, Web and supplier teams to initiate and facilitate the development and execution of key projects and media strategies to support client goals.
- Analyze overall marketing needs based on in-depth knowledge of the clients’ product(s)/service and industry(ies)
- Consistently hit deadlines or coordinate to have them met
- Be a proactive and positive contributor to the agency and its team
Qualifications + Requirements:
- Minimum 4+ years PR AGENCY experience preferred
- A clear understanding of social media/content marketing, not only from an observer standpoint but as a participant
- BA or BS in public relations or communications field
- Proven ability to accept responsibility and follow through on all assignments and responsibilities
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- In-depth experience writing press releases and clear understanding of AP Style and implementation
- In-depth knowledge of traditional and digital media channels, including the role of social media in public relations
- Proficient with computer programs needed to execute the job functions effectively
- Understand and ability to develop marketing strategies
This is a full-time position, preferably working in either our Northern CA or Northern NV offices. Remote work will be considered. Frequent travel may be required for client meetings, media engagements/tours and industry conferences.
This position includes health benefits and 401k profit sharing with a lot of potential for advancement within the company. Salary dependent upon experience. Qualified candidates please email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Brenda Forman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to write PR.0 Account Executive in the Subject Line. Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com