Website The Foundation for California Community Colleges
Employment Type: Full Time
Seniority Level: Associate
Industry: Higher education, Non-profit Organization Management
Job Functions: Education, Writing / Editing, Information Technology
Content Specialist (Ed Tech) Job Description
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is on a mission to double its impact in the next 10 years. We are a group of relentless optimists and innovators in education, working collaboratively with public and private partners to help improve the student experience and expand pathways to economic and social mobility in communities across California.
We are seeking a Content Specialist to join the Foundation in its mission of benefitting, supporting, and enhancing the California Community Colleges—the largest and most diverse system of higher education in the nation.
What You’ll Do
You’ll lead content development primarily for (but not limited to) a portfolio of educational technology tools developed by and for the California Community Colleges. This position will produce engaging content for a variety of digital and print deliverables, bringing greater consistency to communications and marketing efforts for systemwide technology initiatives.
What You Bring
- Strong researching, writing, and editing skills, and ability to develop engaging content for both digital and print media, including but not limited to: websites, newsletters, email marketing, social media, video scripts, advertisements, talking points, presentations, executive communications, annual reports, whitepapers, proposals, press releases, and fact sheets.
- Experience quickly interpreting, distilling, and communicating complex technical information from a variety of stakeholders in both written and verbal form while adhering to established brand standards to maintain consistency in style, quality, and tone.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and collaborate directly with graphic designers, writers, and project managers committed to developing communications deliverables for diverse communities.
- A passion for equity and inclusion and, ideally, prior experience in technology, education, or the public sector.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Relevant degree in communications/journalism, English, or marketing, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) + years of professional work experience in a content development position preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in analyzing clients’ communications needs, synthesizing complex ideas and technology concepts, and translating them into compelling human-interest content.
- Experience developing content in a public education environment or other state agency setting is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to
- Proficiency in researching to attain trustworthy and relevant information to
- inform writing.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team, with all levels of staff and management, and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and
- external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of communications standards, especially best practices in
- web communication.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, practices ownership, and takes accountability to consistently produce high-quality deliverables meeting project goals and objectives with limited supervision.
- A self-starter and quick learner who is detail-oriented, highly motivated, and outcome-oriented, seeking innovative approaches to content development and related processes.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff and management and build and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of external stakeholders.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines, and to respond effectively and efficiently as priorities change.
What We Offer
You’ll join a group of mission-driven, equity-minded individuals with a strong desire to impact and change lives for the better through education. As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor’s Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 2.1 million students, 115 colleges, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs, and they will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
We operate from an office located in downtown Sacramento’s thriving R Street corridor. Our generous benefits include the CalPERS defined benefit retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision, tuition reimbursement, and more. We take a strategic and comprehensive approach to investing in our people, fostering an environment for employee growth and providing diverse opportunities for continued learning, professional development, and advancement.
How to Apply
To learn more about the position, read the full job description >https://foundationccc.org/About-Us/Careers/Open-Positions
For immediate consideration, please submit a letter of interest and resume saved as Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) or Adobe Acrobat PDF (.pdf) documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line: “Content Specialist-Ed Tech”.
Recruiter at Foundation for California Community Colleges
To apply for this job please visit foundationccc.org..