Website California State University Sacramento
Tenure Track Faculty
2360-Tenure Track faculty
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and professional experience
Hiring Department Summary:
For more than five decades, the College of Business Administration at California State University, Sacramento has consistently achieved its fundamental goal – to cultivate excellence in its graduates and to develop business leaders possessing not only top management skills, but also a broad understanding of their responsibilities to business and their community. It has maintained its accreditation under the stringent standards of the AACSB since 1963. In the course of our history, we have graduated nearly 40,000 undergraduate and graduate students. We believe about 24,000 alumni remain in the Sacramento region, fueling the success of our vibrant economy.
For more details, please see the following links:
Marketing and Supply Chain Management Department, College of Business Administration, https://www.csus.edu/college/business-administration/marketing-supply-chain-management/
Office of Faculty Advancement, Division of Academic Affairs, Why Sac State? https://www.csus.edu/academic-affairs/faculty-advancement/why-sac-state.html
Teaching (Graduate and Undergraduate Courses in traditional, hybrid, and on-line modalities); Scholarly and Creative Activities (with an emphasis on publication of peer reviewed journal articles); Service/Contributions to the Institution; Service/Contributions to the Community; Student Advising; New course development and making changes to existing courses; Curriculum development; Assessment; and Supervising student (graduate and undergraduate) research.
Summer research grants, moving expenses, and a reduced teaching load may be available.
- A Doctorate in Marketing, or in another closely related business discipline
- The doctorate degree must be from an institution accredited by AACSB International accreditation.
- ABD candidates will be considered. If ABD, candidates will be required to complete the doctoral degree by June 2022.
Special Knowledge and Abilities:
- Preference will be given to applicants with a demonstrated record of teaching, research, industry experience, and community service in Societal Issues in Marketing (e.g., cross-cultural issues in marketing, diversity/inclusivity issues in marketing, social exclusion in marketing, society & consumer well-being).
- A record of, or potential for, developing relationships with the business community and experiences or ability to work with a diverse student population are also highly desirable. Sacramento State recently launched the Anchor University initiative, https://www.csus.edu/experience/anchor-university/
Anticipated Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
A list of required documents needed to apply to this posting can be found at the bottom of the posting under “Documents needed to apply.”
- A cover letter that addresses required and desired qualifications, that also includes a statement of teaching philosophy and scholarly interests;
- A current curriculum vita/resume;
- Unofficial copies of transcripts attesting to the highest degree earned (official transcripts required at time of appointment);
- A diversity statement – Sacramento State values diversity and inclusion and has made a university-wide commitment to being an inclusive institution. What contributions are you most proud of that demonstrate your commitment to promoting an inclusive environment? Please limit your response to 500 words.
If you would like more information about the position, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Brian Baldus at email@example.com
THE SYSTEM WILL ONLY ACCEPT 1 PDF FILE FOR EACH OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( ie. H-1-B Visa)
Campus Diversity Statement
Sacramento is one of the most diverse and integrated major cities in the country, and Sacramento State is committed to providing a quality education for all of our region’s students. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. Sacramento State is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/benefits/disability-parental-leave.html#reasonable-accommodations-interactive-process
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. *will you have a Ph.D. in hand by the date of the appointment or an advanced ABD by the date of the appointment?:
2. * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CSU Careers Website
- CalJobs Website
- Agency Referral
- Current eReferral
- HERC Website
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Other website
3. * Are you currently a LECTURER at this or any other California State University??
Documents Needed To Apply Required Documents
1. Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter
3. Unofficial Transcripts
4. Diversity Statement
To apply for this job please visit csus.peopleadmin.com.