Website AGC of California
Full Job Description
Join our team! The leading trade association in the construction industry is seeking an ambitious professional in order to drive business development and member engagement in Northern California. This position is part of a small team responsible for recruitment and retention in NorCal. The role must also support District Boards of Directors across multiple geographic districts. The primary job duties are as follows:
- Responsible for increasing membership dues (sales) revenue to meet annual growth goals for Northern California. Cultivates and facilitates outside sales meetings and related activities.
- Responsible for specific categories of member retention within Northern California. Facilitates coordination of AGC services in order to ensure consistent and outstanding customer service for members.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and supporting district board of director meetings. Develops engaging meeting agenda and materials and ensuring completion of related tasks.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; four to five years related sales, business development, account management, and/or campaign experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in a four-year college our university
- Minimum of four to five years of experience in related sales, business development, account management, and/or campaign experience.
- The ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate with diverse groups of people within the construction industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; effective, diplomatic and friendly communication style. Comfortable presenting to small and large groups.
- Ability to cultivate positive relationships in order to facilitate cooperation of other AGC departments and staff.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a remote environment (Initiative and self-direction is a must)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Flexibility to travel in-region via automobile; periodically across the state
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong organizational skill with a good attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and show excellent time management skills
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately
- Prior experience working with local/state government, and/or the construction industry is a plus.
The travel requirement for this position is 75% within Northern California with some statewide travel. Must be comfortable frequently traveling a large region that stretches from Fresno to San Francisco to Sacramento to Redding.
$100,000.00 — $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.