Under general supervision, the Marketing Specialist develops, plans and coordinates the execution of PRIDE’s marketing and communication strategies. Employees in this job class proactively make recommendations and meet the needs of multiple corporate and business units including advertising, development of marketing materials, event planning, website and social media content development and community relations. This job class requires creative skills and analytical expertise in marketing concepts and strategies understanding impact to audience, sensitivity to customer and potential financial impact to PRIDE.
- *Develops marketing materials to include print and display materials, website content and press releases to enhance PRIDE’s visibility, maintain branding consistency and support its business units.
- *Plans and coordinates community and business programs and events that enhance PRIDE’s overall image and reputation including corporate sponsorships, business trade shows, corporate award nominations, business recognition programs and securing guest speakers for promotional events.
- *Negotiates and secures quotes, tracks expenses and monitors project outcomes to ensure focused spending and to maximize return on investment.
- *Interfaces with public, customers and media to enhance and protect PRIDE’s reputation to its communities and partners. Manages complex relationships while building consensus.
- *Contributes to strategy development and marketing communications planning. Maintains marketing calendar.
- *Contributes to social media forums to generate interest and monitor activity and create appropriate sharable content for various networks.
- *Writes various types of articles on a wide range of topics for our blog, providing feedback to other contributors, and editing content.
- *Monitor changes in legislature, business services and marketing industry news, keeping the team apprised of changes and trends.
- *Conduct customer surveys to determine overall satisfaction, relaying results to management.
- *Represents PRIDE at various community functions and events.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
- Three or more years of professional experience in marketing, communications, graphic design, advertising, public relations, and social marketing platforms;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by management, team, vendors and/or customers;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content
- Photography and videography skills preferred
- Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and internal customers;
- Advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, desktop publishing, graphic design and layout;
- Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
- Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
- Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business problems;
- Demonstrated customer service, common sense, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
- Viewing computer screen/monitor
- Utilizing keyboard
- Answering phone/making calls
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
To apply for this job please visit mgtadmin-prideindustries.icims.com.