Website Yolo Food Bank
Do you want to change lives? Do you thrive in an environment of transformational change? Do you have a strong
background in marketing and communications? Then we invite you to join our growing team!
As demand for food assistance has increased three-fold in Yolo County over the past year, Yolo Food Bank (YFB) seeks to expand its capacity to meet the need by adding a Marketing & Communications Manager who will develop, execute, and manage the marketing and communications of YFB’s programs and initiatives. The Manager coordinates efforts with other
departments and collaborates with stakeholders across the organization and in the community to accomplish goals.
The position leads YFB’s marketing and communications for donor engagement and fundraising efforts, external stewardship and recognition events, food distributions/food access activities, engagement with 84 nonprofit partner programs, and organization-wide objectives and initiatives. The Manager also has oversight of the YFB website, all social media platforms, media content submissions, and the design and production of all marketing and external communications materials. The Manager reports to the Director of Philanthropic Engagement and supervises two staff: A Social Media and Communications Specialist and a Website and Marketing Specialist.
About Yolo Food Bank:
Recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal in 2020 as one of the Best Places to Work, YFB positively impacts the lives of more than 60,000 Yolo County residents who live in poverty. We provide as many as one million pounds of food each month at nearly 130 distributions via a network of 200 partnerships with food donors, distribution sites, and relationships with 84 local nonprofit programs.
Not only is YFB’s mission to end hunger and malnutrition in Yolo County, YFB actively reduces poverty in the county by advancing environmental, social, and economic sustainability. It is YFB’s objective to develop and nurture an equitable, sustainable local food system to advance the health and wellness of ALL Yolo County residents. All positions at YFB serve as ambassadors for our work, and develop and enhance a grateful, nimble, resourceful, creative, curious, collaborative, compassionate, and visionary approach to accomplishing individual and organization-wide
goals and objectives. Visit our website for details on our programs and impact: www.yolofoodbank.org.
- Play a key role in the Philanthropic Engagement Department‘s strategic planning and goal setting activities.
- Recommend, initiate, and execute marketing and communications priorities in support of the department’s objectives and initiatives, meeting or exceeding goals set in consultation with Director of Philanthropic Engagement.
- Ensure organizational branding is consistent across all communication channels.
- Generate creative story ideas and plan, research, and identify communications opportunities for YFB messaging, taking the initiative to execute strategies to address these opportunities, and monitor the impact of activities
- Ensure the YFB story and impact data are effectively, consistently, and widely communicated in order to increase philanthropic support and strengthen YFB’s strategic success.
- Advance YFB’s philanthropic footprint and raise community-wide awareness of the organization by developing
innovative outreach and networking strategies for individuals, businesses, and organizations throughout the county.
- In consultation with department director and Strategic Gifts Manager, create strategies for engagement and build relationships with both prospective and existing partners and donors, developing and implementing touch points via in-person, video, telephone, email, and/or social media channels.
- Foster and build relationships with community partners, donors, organizations, elected officials, and other key individuals of influence through targeted communications, special events, program updates, and other activities.
- In partnership with Strategic Gifts Manager, craft effective materials to advance solicitations, engagement, proposals, reports, and other collateral as needed to ensure success.
- Oversee timely recognition of all donations, coordinating with other departments to ensure related reporting, correspondence, acknowledgments, gift tracking, and other support occurs.
- Develop and ensure the execution of opportunities for YFB presence at community-wide events and engagements throughout the county, including those with business, service, faith-based, and other community organizations.
- Provide oversight for the development and maintenance of website content, functionality, and tracking of analytics.
- In collaboration with Director of Philanthropic Engagement, drive social media strategy and engagement.
- Build and maintain relationships with a wide range of local, regional and national media outlets to secure and grow coverage of the organization.
- Serve as a YFB ambassador at outreach events, presentations, and community gatherings.
- Be involved in the planning and participate in YFB fundraising and donor engagement events and activities.
- Document interactions and history of relationships in CRM database and analyze data to inform decision-making and advise the department director.
- Embrace and model an internal Culture of Philanthropy to inspire colleagues and advance YFB’s mission.
- Model YFB core values and organizational culture in all work efforts.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate is a marketing and communications professional who is an excellent community networker and is
passionate about the mission and work of YFB. They will also possess the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
- Five years of marketing and communications experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience.
- Motivated, independent, self-starter with proven leadership skills.
- An established background in developing, executing, and managing successful community engagement strategies in a corporate or nonprofit setting.
- Solid track record of impactful external and internal written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with diverse audiences; an engaging presenter.
- Ability to network, initiate, and nurture new community relationships and partnerships, and re-explore and deepen existing connections.
- Capability to take knowledge and transform it into persuasive, useful communication and effectively direct those messages to varied audience segments in an engaging format.
- Able to use creativity to develop new ideas and strategies that build and enhance programs, expand outreach efforts, and result in innovative marketing campaigns; compelling design sensibilities.
- Able to understand and analyze technical data and reports and make logical recommendations.
- Innovative, creative, flexible, and adaptable in working with partners, donors, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Highly organized and decisive when managing competing priorities in a changing environment, anticipating needs and responding to unanticipated events while continuing to meet deadlines.
- Possess a high level of integrity; show discretion and able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Able to work effectively with diverse stakeholders (internal and external), building positive relationships with donors, prospects, staff and members of the community.
- Enjoys connecting in the community and passionate about introducing YFB to new audiences.
- Strong understanding of and relationships within Yolo County communities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; social media; background in design and CRM software.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and responsibilities as the position evolves and the organization grows.
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- This position is full time Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with frequent evening/weekend work.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range is $70K-$75K, plus benefits including 4 weeks PTO, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, 403(b) match, EAP, and life insurance.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Andrea Weiss, Search Consultant, email@example.com. The priority
review date is February 19, 2021. However, applicant screening will be ongoing as the goal is to welcome a new team
member as soon as possible.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org