Website DJE Holdings
Account Executive, Public Affairs
SACRAMENTO /EDELMAN – PUBLIC AFFAIRS /FULL-TIME
This role is open to Sacramento, CA; Washington DC
Edelman Sacramento is hiring! We are looking for a smart and motivated Account Executive (AE) to join our dynamic team! As a critical office for the world’s largest independent PR firm, the Sacramento team works on local issues, critical statewide campaigns, and national and global initiatives for some of the most recognized brands and non-profit organizations. This position will support our Corporate Reputation & Public Affairs Team, working across a diverse range of clients on public awareness and education campaigns working on important topics including health, labor and workforce development and environmental sustainability.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong writer and creative thinker who is detailed, organized and eager to learn and work with clients in a variety of fast-paced industries. This is a great multi-discipline opportunity to apply skills and build expertise in public relations, media relations, issues management, social purpose, stakeholder engagement, digital engagement, and social marketing.
In accordance with health and safety regulations around COVID19, this position would be 100% remote with eventual plans to work from the downtown Sacramento office, once health and safety experts deem it is safe to do so.
- Demonstrate the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high quality internal and external communications content, including client presentations, press materials, scripts, newsletter articles, opinion editorials, trade features and social media posts, ensuring high quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles.
- Provide client service administration, including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling media coverage, coordinating press tour pitching, scheduling and logistics.
- Demonstrate understanding of and how to use public engagement and social media tools.
- Assist with research, including analysis of media coverage and online conversations.
- Develop compelling content for use with a variety of audiences and across traditional and digital media platforms.
- Manage projects using organizational skills, working with colleagues, vendors, and support agencies, keeping project leaders apprised of status, including tracking financial details.
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, and proposing solutions.
- Learn key client information, including business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers, and competitors.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments and financial trends at local, state, and national levels.
- Build a network of traditional and online media contacts.
- Participate in the new business process, including research, audits, preparation of proposals and support for new business pitches.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Identify and work with media; demonstrate network of traditional and online media contacts.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain calm in high-stress client environments.
- Occasionally supervise interns and junior staff on projects.
- The Account Executive should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they are used, along with solid research, writing and editing skills. Competitive candidates should demonstrate a proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously. They should have the ability to develop relationships with media and apply experience and initiative in developing traditional and digital media relationship strategies. Prior agency or public affairs experience is preferred
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.